About Hyprop Investments
Hyprop is a leading specialist shopping centre Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). We operate a portfolio of shopping centres in major metropolitan areas across South Africa, sub-Saharan Africa and South-Eastern Europe.
Our strategy is to own high-quality shopping centres where assets can be acquired or developed at attractive yields. Hyprop shopping centres dominate in terms of size, which attract new quality concept and flagship stores to make our centres the preferred locations for local and international brands.
Our company structure provides a sound foundation to execute group strategy, with capable and experienced teams and a hands-on approach to managing our assets for ongoing income and capital growth.
The shopping centre portfolio in South Africa includes super-regional centre Canal Walk, large regional centres Clearwater Mall, The Glen Shopping Centre, Woodlands Boulevard, CapeGate Shopping Centre, Somerset and Rosebank malls, and regional centre Hyde Park Corner.
The sub-Saharan Africa portfolio includes interests in Manda Hill in Lusaka, Zambia; Accra, Achimota and West Hills malls (all in Accra, Ghana); and Ikeja City Mall in Lagos, Nigeria. Construction was completed at Kumasi City Mall in Kumasi, Ghana, in April 2017.
Hyprop’s South-Eastern Europe strategy is to acquire dominant shopping centres through Hystead. Hyprop has a 60% interest in Hystead and PDI, a company associated with Louis Norval, a non-executive director of Hyprop, holds the remaining 40%. Hystead owns six properties in South-Eastern Europe, namely Delta City Podgorica (Montenegro), Delta City Belgrade (Serbia), Skopje City Mall (Macedonia), The Mall in Sofia (Bulgaria), City Center one Zagreb West and City Center one Zagreb East in Zagreb (Croatia)
2 March 2018
31 October 2017
- HYPROP MAINTAINS GROWTH AGAINST TOUGH MACRO BACKDROP
- 31 August 2018
- ACCELERATED BOOKBUILD
- 08 May 2018
- CHANGE IN CREDIT RATING BY MOODY'S
- 13 February 2019
- HYPE - HYPROP INVESTMENTS LIMITED - INTEREST PAYMENT NOTIFICATION
- 25 October 2018