About Hyprop Investments

Photo gallery

  • Summarised consolidated audited results
  • Condensed consolidated Interim results
  • Acquisition of flagship shopping centre in sofia, bulgaria
  • Solar Panels At Clearwater Mall
  • Hyde Park Corner
  • Hyde Park Corner
  • Clearwater Mall
  • Clearwater Mall
  • The Glen new food court

About us

Hyprop is a leading specialist shopping centre Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT). We operate a portfolio of shopping centres in major metropolitan areas across South Africa, sub-Saharan Africa and Eastern Europe.

Our strategy is to own high-quality shopping centres where assets can be acquired or developed at attractive yields. Hyprop shopping centres dominate in terms of size, which attract new quality concept and flagship stores to make our centres the preferred locations for local and international brands.

We create environments and opportunities for people to connect and have authentic and meaningful experiences, by owning and managing a portfolio of mixed use precincts underpinned by dominant retail centres in South Africa and Eastern Europe.

Our company structure provides a sound foundation to execute group strategy, with capable and experienced teams and a hands-on approach to managing our assets for ongoing income and capital growth.

The shopping centre portfolio in South Africa includes super-regional centre Canal Walk, large regional centres Clearwater, The Glen, Woodlands, CapeGate Shopping Centre, Somerset and Rosebank malls, and regional centre Hyde Park Corner.

The sub-Saharan Africa portfolio includes interests in Ghana; West Hills mall, Accra Mall and Kumasi City Mall in Kumasi and Ikeja City Mall in Lagos, Nigeria.

Hyprop’s Eastern Europe strategy is to acquire dominant shopping centres through Hystead. Hyprop has a 60% interest in Hystead and PDI, a company associated with Louis Norval, a non-executive director of Hyprop, holds the remaining 40%. Hystead owns six properties in Eastern Europe, namely Delta City Podgorica (Montenegro), Delta City Belgrade (Serbia), Skopje City Mall (Macedonia), The Mall in Sofia (Bulgaria), City Center one Zagreb West and City Center one Zagreb East in Zagreb (Croatia)

Read more


 Our Portfolio