Hyprop enjoys a significant base of intellectual capital. This is a competitive advantage in our industry, reinforcing our ability to attract the desired calibre of skills to underpin long-term growth and the success of our business.
We achieve excellence by focusing on our areas of expertise:
- Consistent leadership – Hyprop management is acknowledged by investment analysts as expert, consistent and transparent
- Legal resources – Clear contracts underpin average contractual lease escalations of 7,9%
- Leasing structures – Total occupancy rate of 97,6% and rent arrears as a percentage of rental income at 0,4%
- Information and technology management – An integrated property management system provides a comprehensive view of key portfolio metrics
- Ongoing portfolio enhancement – Extensions and refurbishments anticipate and accommodate changing consumer habits and ensure tenant loyalty
- Open dialogue with shareholders and transparent investor relations.
The success of our approach is reflected in various forms of recognition for Hyprop, such as:
- Confirmed as a FTSE4Good Emerging Index constituent
- Ranked best in the property sector and sixth overall in the Integrated Reporting and Assurance Services (IRAS) Sustainability Data Transparency Index (SDTI) – October 2016.
- The Hyprop Foundation received the 2017 International Council of Shopping Centres (ICSC) Foundation European Community Support Award for the Mandela Day Mosaic campaign run for NGO LEAP Science and Math Schools (LEAP), a no-fee education provider. The prize included a donation of USD5 000 for LEAP
- Joint winner of the "10 Year Risk Adjusted Return" relative to the IPD Universe for 2016.